New Mexico PreK is a voluntary, free program that gives children the opportunity to attend a high-quality, early childhood education program before entering kindergarten. Children who attend PreK programs do better starting on the first day of school. Compared with peers who have not completed PreK, they:
- Have higher achievement test scores
- Repeat grades far less often
- Need less special education
- Graduate from high school at substantially higher rates
- Are more likely to go to college
To find a PreK program in your area, use the map below or visit this website.