Start A Career With CYFD
A career with the New Mexico Children, Youth and Families Department (CYFD) can be a positive, life-changing experience for you and the children and families who need our help.
What types of jobs are available at CYFD?
Job openings at CYFD span our three main divisions— Protective Services, Juvenile Justice Services and Behavioral Health Services— as well as program support functions such as training, information technology and administrative services. Positions such as behavioral health therapists, child protective services placement caseworkers, investigation caseworkers, permanency planning caseworkers, in-home services practitioners, registered nurses and youth care specialists are actively recruited for.
Why Work at CYFD?
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young people
- Competitive salary
- Work/life balance
- High-quality people
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Build a career in New Mexico state government
- Educational training benefits
- Superb health benefits for you and your family
- Employment stability
- Excellent benefits
The State of New Mexico provides a competitive and reasonably priced benefits package. Benefit options include:
- Medical, with several provider options
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement through the Public Employees Retirement Association
- Paid Annual Leave
- Training and Professional Development
- Opportunities for Paid Licensure (if your position requires such licensure)
- Educational Assistance
- 10 State-Paid Holidays Each Year
- Worksite Wellness Screenings
Training & Development Opportunities
New CYFD employees receive training that incorporates adult learning theory in a blended learning platform that combines e-learning with classroom experience focused on skill building. This training is designed to:
- Provide new employees with information required to excel in their positions
- Offer general safety information for office
- Provide “real-life” job simulations to build required skills and optimize critical thinking
- Identify and support self-care practices
All employment candidates must undergo a pre-employment background investigation, and must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
Come work with us!!! Click here for current all state job openings, or for other state government job openings, click here.
Employee Recruitment Hotline
Still have questions, please contact Diane Swan at (505) 629-9883 or the CYFD Recruitment email at HR.Recruitment@state.nm.us.