Free things for families to do in New Mexico
Check your county on PullTogether's community forum for listings of free activities in your area!
Outdoor activities are a healthy, fun way to spend time with your family.
Click here for a list of National Parks and Monuments in New Mexico. If your family has a fourth grader, your entire family is eligible for a free National Parks pass. Click here to find out more about the Every Kid in a Park program.
Annual Child Abuse Awareness & Prevention Event
CYFD is hosting the 6th Annual Child Abuse Community Awareness and Prevention event in Santa Fe, NM - this Saturday, April 28, 2018, from 10AM-2PM.
There will an exciting march, beginning at 1120 Paseo De Peralta, through the streets of Santa Fe and over 60 providers at this event. Children will enjoy fun activities such as rock climbing, gaga pit and obstacle courses. And yes, there will be raffles, prizes for the adults and children and other fun activities. Come join us to stand up and be a voice for our children and raise awareness against child abuse.
Check out the flyer below and our PullTogether Facebook page (click here) for additional details.
Click here to open the flyer.
The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs offers a free FamilyPass that can be checked out at any public library. The FamilyPass gives six people free admission to any of the following activities:
- 7 New Mexico Historic Sites, Statewide
- New Mexico History Museum/Palace of the Governors, Santa Fe
- New Mexico Museum of Art, Santa Fe
- Museum of International Folk Art, Santa Fe
- Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, Santa Fe
- New Mexico Museum of Space History, Alamogordo
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science, Albuquerque
- National Hispanic Cultural Center, Albuquerque
- New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum, Las Cruces
Click here to find out more.
Free admission during the following times:
- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. every Saturday
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Sunday
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the first Wednesday of every month
- 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of every month
Anderson-Aburzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum
Free admission on Sundays 9am-1pm and the first Friday of the month (excluding October). Children 3 and under are always free!
Department of Cultural Affairs Museums/Sites
All of the following are free the first Sunday of every month for New Mexico residents with ID:
- New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science, Albuquerque (Website)
- National Hispanic Cultural Center, Albuquerque (Website)—children 16 and under are always free.
- New Mexico Museum of Art, Santa Fe (Website)
- New Mexico History Museum, Santa Fe (Website)
- Museum of International Folk Art, Santa Fe (Website)
- Museum of Indian Arts and Culture, Santa Fe (Website)
- Lincoln Historic Site, Lincoln (Website)
- Jemez Historic Site, Jemez Springs (Website)
- Fort Sumner Historic Site/Bosque Redondo Memorial, Fort Sumner (Website)
- Fort Stanton, Capitan (Website)
- Fort Selden, Radium Springs (Website)
- El Camino Real Historic Trail Site, 35 mi. south of Socorro (Website)
- Coronado Historic Site, Bernalillo (Website)
Petroglyphs National Monument, Albuquerque
Automobiles and RVs: $1 Weekdays and $2 Weekends
Mesalands Dinosaur Museum and Natural Sciences Laboratory
Adult (12-64) $6.50
Children (5-11) $4.00
Children (under 5) Free
Senior (65 and over) $5.50
Groups of 10 or more $4.50 Adult / $3.00 child
Active Military (ID Required) $5.85 / $3.60 child
Tucumcari Historical Museum
Adult (16-64) $5.00
Children (6-15) $1.00
Children (under 5) Free
Senior (65 and over) $4.00
Bradbury Science Musem
Pajarito Environmental Education Center
Reading books regularly to your young children helps give them a big head start on success in school and is a great way to bond. Finding age-appropriate books is easy and free!
Find your local public library at http://www.nmstatelibrary.org/directory/.
Many communities across New Mexico are part of Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, which mails out a free book each month to children from birth to age 5. To find out about availability or to sign up, click here.