Free Summer Meals
The New Mexico, Children, Youth and Families Department's, Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) provides free, nutritious meals to children and youth ages 1 to 18.
Click here for a map search to find your nearest meal site location.
Summer Food Facts!
- The SFSP was designed bridge the summertime nutrition gap for children and youth, by ensuring continuous access to healthy, nutritious foods, when school meals are not available.
- Individual registration or enrollment is not a requirement to receive free meals.
- Proof of age, identity or residency is not a requirement to receive free meals.
- To be eligible to participate, simply attend any one of the more than 800 meal sites, statewide, and get in line!
- There is no discrimination during the course of the meal service.
- All participants must receive complete meals (all required food components).
- All meals must be eaten at the meal site.
- You can also call 1-800-EAT-COOL (1-800-328-2665) for assistance in finding a meal site location near you.
Young child enjoying a nutritious meal!
Children enjoying good meals at the Rio Grande Pool kick-off. Governor Martinez and Cabinet Secretary Jacobson attended the event.
(Photos, June 2017)